1.24.2011

Day 33: A Surprise Full of Trouble

Day 33 (1/22/11)

If only I knew how to phonetically spell the fantasic noise that my Nana makes when she is surprised. I left slightly late this morning, picked up my mom at the Chippewa Valley Regional Airport and finished the trek to Marshfield, WI.

When we pulled into the driveway, I could tell the instant that my Nana knew my mom had come along for the ride because I could hear her making that joyous noise from inside the house.

Sometimes it really is just being there. That is what is important in life - just being there. You can say it, and on a surface level we can know it, but until you witness that simple joy, you can't really know it. And you can't usually see it unless you take the small steps to make it happen.

So take one...or two. See where it takes you.

Day 33:

- One fest of bird watching

- Two games of Trouble

- One homemade pasta bar dinner

No comments: