1.12.2011

Day 22: A Day in Our Town

Day 22 (1/11/11)

I love that everyone was freaking out today about the fact that the whole date was made up of ones. I stood by and struggled to understand this fascination when I realized that none of them had given any though to what will happen on the 11th of November.

Which makes me sad. Almost no one that I talked to remembered at all that November 11th is a national holiday - Veteran's Day. It was heartbreaking to realize that even the youth, but also a lot of younger adults son't go out of their way to remember the men and women who have served our country in one of the most dedicated ways.

Mind you, I am not saying that every Vet is perfect or that every one of them was fighting for the right reasons or even necessarily the right causes. But anyone who is that loyal to our great country deserves some benefit of recognition.

Day 22:
- First rehearsal for Our Town

- Becoming a part of a family

- Three hours of theatre fun

No comments: