12.21.2010

Day One: My Excellent Adventure Begins

Subtitled: Beating Teen Pregnancy



Preface: A few years ago, I heard of a group people that set out to take one picture every day that captured the essence of their daily journey. At first, I scoffed and probably said something along the lines of "Yeah - that won't last very long. There wil be like dozens of pictures of the same things!" And then I jsut sort of let it go for a while. And then came my sophomore year of college. And I, the person usually advocating for slowing down and enjoying life, stopped taking her own medicine. And then it was gone - an entire semester full of uphill battles, and stress, and struggles... and laughter... and love... and hope. And I realized that I was losing my ability to remember the good things about this life and I panicked. For some reason, when I went running back to God that night - as we tend to do when things fall apart, this memory of these people came back. I bounced the idea off of several people and they mostly scoffed.


But here I am. It is my 20th birthday today and I have decided that this is where it starts. So every day for the next 365 days, I will take one, or multiple photographs each day representing the good in my life. If you follow this, you will begin this journey with me.


I am sorry if some days are tedious, lackluster, sad, or angry - but those days happen sometimes. However, rest assured, that this is an attempt for me to re-awaken to the beauty in this world. I am starting this journey and you are more than welcome to come along.



Day One: My rewards for beating teen pregnancy and making it half-way to 40 include the following items
-A gemstone embellished picture frame
-A white and turquoise homemade bracelet
-A beautiful gold ribbon because sometimes the wrapping says it all


Also on Day One: a ticket to Black Swan, one glove/mitten combo set, one set of pinking shears, two new nostril screws, a pair of earrings to match the bracelet in picture above, a DSW gift card, twenty dollars cash, Snowman with Sunglasses socks, a bracelet from a Fair Trade Market, multiple ridiculously goofy cards, and an infinite amount of love and joy from the people that fill my life.

No comments: