12.27.2010

Day 6: The Joy of Children

Day 6 (12/26/10)

Today was a fantastic day filled with family. my aunt, uncle, and two little cousins came down from Indiana last night and we had Christmas at my dad's house. I know 20 is not old, but it seems like already I have forgotten the magical bliss of being a little kid. To experience a re-enactment of Christmas morning with a 5- and 7-year-old.

Every present was the end all, be all. Every stuffed animal was a new best friend. Every book was a new adventure to dive into. Every smile had enough wattage to power the Northpole for a year. If only we could remember what it is like to be filled with that joy and surprise at every detail on Christmas (or the day after) morning.
Day 6:
- Wrapping paper mountains that hide the floor
- Uninhibited excitement in my sisters and cousins
- Contentment in seeing one entire side of my family together
Also on Day 6: great football games, lack of blizzard hitting our house, one Dairy Queen Home Blizzard Machine, one afternoon nap, the innocent stare of a completely deaf dog, chips and dip, buying three new books, and purchasing one present.

No comments: