12.27.2010

Day 7: Invasion of the Critters

Day 7 (12/27/10)

Today was filled with very necessary but obnoxious amounts of waiting for things to be done. My windshield got replaces...and in the process, my rearview mirror was broken. I waited some more and then took the dog for a walk. I waited some more and the exterminator came to check out the noises that I was hearing in the attic last night.

This last visit resulted in a diagnosis of the invasion of birds, definitely, squirrels, probably, and mice too many in number to count. The consequences being - you guessed it - more waiting. We waited for the screen to be installed and for mouse bait to be placed and an invoice to be written. All in all - a lesson in patience.

Day 7:

- A kind man who helped remove the critters in the ceiling above my bed

- A poor bunny who got stuck in the fence to McGregor's garden

- A lovely walk with Mama and Bear around the chilly and beautiful neighborhood

Also on Day 7: One pair of comfortable pajamas, the delicious smell of Christmas dinner leftovers, one great U of L basketball game, and T minus 18 hours until K arrives at the Louisville Airport.

No comments: